Prevention is always better than cure, and it is important to know the signs that indicate that it is time to replace or repair your furnace.
Furnace Repair and Replacement Symptoms
- The unit is more than 10 years old: The first step is to check the age of your furnace. The average lifespan of a quality machine is 15 to 20 years. If your system is close to this age, start thinking of a replacement.
- Increasing utility bills: As a machine age, its efficiency decreases. This can cause your bills to spike. Call a professional to undertake furnace maintenance and repairs so that the machine lasts longer, and does not use a lot of power.
- Maintenance schedule: When was the last time you did a furnace repair? If it has been over a year since you have serviced your machine, call in a professional as soon as possible for a tune-up.
- Uneven hot or cold air distribution: If one room is more hot or cold than the other one, or if you need to adjust your thermostat every now and then, get an expert to inspect your machine.
- Yellow flame: If the burner flame of the machine is yellow in color, it means that the heater is releasing carbon monoxide in the air. It is a poisonous gas that can kill you and your family members.
- Strange noises: If there are squealing, banging, rattling or popping sounds emanating from your machine, it is time to schedule a tune-up.
A well maintained HVAC system that has received proper attention from a licensed expert will ensure that your unit will perform at top efficiency and keep your house warm and comfortable when you need it the most.
If you are searching for quality heating repair service Cottage Grove, MN is home to some top notch companies such as H2C Heating Cooling and Plumbing. Call to schedule an appointment today.