One of the major decisions a homeowner has to make is either to fix a heating system or to replace it. There is a time limit on everything. When something is valuable or expensive, it is desirable and preferable to extend its lifespan as much as possible.
Various signs indicate it’s time to replace your old furnace with a new advanced and energy-efficient system. These factors include the age of the system, unexpected temperature changes, high operating expenses, and loud noises, among others.
Call a professional to discuss the latest energy-efficient furnace models in the market when you need to make a smart decision regarding a furnace installation in Minneapolis.
Average Lifespan of a Furnace
Your furnace should easily last over 15 years if you schedule annual furnace maintenance in Minneapolis.
Here are a few things to consider when estimating how long your furnace will last:
- The furnace’s make and model: Newer systems have longer lifespans than the older ones.
- Furnace maintenance frequency and quality: You must clean your system every year to retain manufacturer warranties and keep your system clean and efficient. Schedule a heating repair in Minneapolis from a professional HVAC contractor that can clean your furnace and maintain it for a longer time.
- Moisture levels and sufficient ventilation are both important. Heater components might corrode and fail if exposed to too much moisture. Moisture can be very damaging to your heat exchanger, causing it to deteriorate sooner.
- Proper installation: Over half of all new HVAC systems are installed incorrectly. This results in early failures, discomfort issues, and insufficient air dispersion and dehumidification.
How to Extend the Life of Your Furnace?
Here are a few tips that can help extend the life of your furnace:
- The quality of each unit placed helps determine how long a system will run. Professional maintenance performed once in the spring and once in the fall is essential for extending the life of any heating system. Annual tune-ups will guarantee that the system and its mechanical components are in good condition.
- A furnace is prone to rust in excessive humidity. Control your home’s humidity levels to reduce moisture and safeguard your furnace from rust.
- Filters should be changed on a monthly basis during the winter months when the furnace is used more than usual. When a filter is clogged, airflow is restricted. Overheating and even damage to the heat exchanger and other unit components can occur as a result of this restriction.
Should You Replace Your Furnace?
Homeowners with furnaces that are more than 15 years old can save more money in the long term by replacing them rather than spending money on repairs. Older furnaces are inefficient, costing you huge money in additional fuel and operational costs. Replacing an old furnace with a new high-efficiency one is an excellent way to save money while improving your home’s comfort and efficiency.
Contact H2C Heating, Cooling & Plumbing to book a furnace tune-up in Minneapolis or furnace installation in Minneapolis. We are Minneapolis’ most reliable HVAC professionals. Call us today at (612) 791-0850.